Interim CIO with 20 years of international experience.
- Bjorn is an Interim CIO with 20 years of international experience. He has operated at board level translating business needs into executable outcomes in diverse environments spanning from Life Science / Healthcare to Retail to Banking and from PE-backed to global FTSE 100s.
- Bjorn has significant experience in Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences and Medical Research based organisations having worked at Astra Zeneca for 10 years prior to going Interim. More recently he has been Interim CIO at McKesson and CIO Advisory to ICHOM (BCG, Harvard Business School and Karolinska Institute founded).
- Importantly, Bjorn has delivered global IT Target Operating Model strategy and transformation on numerous occasions, significantly reducing cost and headcount whilst improving performance, moving from localised federated models to global centres of excellence.
- A vast amount of Bjorn’s experience has seen him oversee, rescue or launch Global and Regional ERP Template implementations., transforming businesses by standardising process, data and reporting.
Rate: €1800 per day + expenses
Global CIO with 15 years experience of ERP-enabled transformation
Paul has led the target operating model transformation of federated IT organisations on numerous occasions, delivering significant value by moving to centralised, global CoE and shared services.
2015 - Now | Capgemini Group - Interim Transformation Director & Advisor
2014 - 2015 | TNT - Interim Transformation Programme Director
2012 - 2014 | Canon Europe - Interim Transformation Programme Director
2012 - 2012 | Actavis - Interim Transformation Programme Director
2010 – 2012 | African Minerals Ltd - Group Chief Information Officer & VP
2008 – 2010 | ENRC plc - Group Chief Information Officer
2004 – 2008 | ArcelorMittal SA - Chief Information Officer | AAMS division
2000 – 2004 | Maxxium Worldwide BV - Chief Information Officer
Munich based with 40 years IT enabled transformation experience
- Peter is Munich based and has over 40 years of IT enabled transformation experience, acting as CIO, Managing Director and IT Transformation Director on multiple Interim mandates.
- He has over 20 years’ experience of consolidating and centralizing IT, building flexible IT organizations that ensure IT is a value driver for businesses.
- A strong section of Peter’s background lies in implementing global standard template ERP solutions and he is currently Chairman of the VCI (Verband der Chemischen Industrie) “Standard Software / SAP” Work Group
- His most recent Interim assignments have been for Private Equity owned businesses that are carve-outs from larger organisations. Here he has transformed the entire IT landscape and built future mode IT organisations from scratch.
- Whilst Peter is not experienced in the Healthcare of Pharmaceutical sectors, he spent 19 years as Head of IT and VP of IT at Wacker Chemie GmbH and so is fully aware of the relevant business processes and validation and compliance requirements.
- Peter is internationally experienced and a fluent English and German speaker. He is currently on assignment and likely to be available in October.
Experienced CIO with over 20 years proven track record
Derek is an experienced CIO with over 20 years proven track record in supporting sustainable growth of global organisations across pharmaceutical, life sciences, retail and financial services sectors. More recently he has been working for Gartner Inc. in their research and advisory team supporting C-Level and other senior executives on strategy, innovation and digitalization, mergers & acquisitions and divestitures, software solutions (cloud and on premise), cost optimisation, application rationalisation, organisational development, managed and shared services.
Derek’s pharma & life sciences experience includes:
- Novartis; provided insight and advice to the Novartis team on the definition and implementation of their strategic priorities: i. Extended lead in innovation incl. next gen. workplace, ii. Accelerate growth incl. digital marketing and CRM, and iii. Driving productivity which incl. Lean IT, an integrated ERP platform across all Novartis BU’s and the establishment of support hubs in Prague, Hyderabad and Fort Worth.
- Lonza; worked with the Group CIO and leadership team on a new IT target operating model, IT strategy and application rationalization, significantly reducing cost and headcount whilst improving performance, migration from localized federated models to global centres of excellences.
- Ivoclar Vivadent; supported the CIO in building a digital strategy which supported the business transformation by standardising process, data and reporting, thereby reducing the clinic lead-times and manufacturing process.
- Mundipharma; supported the two CIO’s in transforming IT into an agile IT team, reducing costs through leveraging contracts, standardising processes and improving business trust.
- Clariant; advised the CIO on numerous initiatives including: i. Establishment of a SAP workbench deployed in India, ii. Divestiture with the sale of the Archroma business, and iii. the implementation of a digital workplace.